I’ve been thinking a lot recently about one of my first blog posts and how welcoming the blogging community was to me and this reminded me why we all started blogging in the first place. “Why would you want to share that with the world?” Well why wouldn’t you? Why wouldn’t you want to share an experience or your opinion with a worldwide community of people who are all there for the same reason, people who aren’t going to judge you and are just as interested in what you have to write about as you are. The blogging world is constantly growing and I hope to grow as a writer along with it.
I was nominated by the amazing Abbey Uppington, who’s blog is gorgeous and full of endless reviews, recipes and literally everything you would want in a blog. I cannot thank her enough as I didn’t expect any sort of ‘notice’ and didn’t actually even realise I’d been nominated until I re-read the post!
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Questions from Abbey:
- Worst make-up product ever bought? The worst Make-Up product has to be this horribly thick and clear lip-gloss that I got when I was about 12 from George/Asda. It was so sticky and gross but that didn’t stop me from wearing it everyday!
- What do you do to unwind? To unwind I like to run a hot bath, add some salts and light some candles. The 45 minute bath is followed by meditation and then hopefully good sleep. However, if it’s not the end of the day then I just run over to my dog and give him a hug. that usually helps.
- What can’t you live without? Pets and leave-in conditioner/some sort of oil for my hair.
- Favourite musician/band? Straight up John Butler. He’s a musician and if you like acoustic sounds then you will honestly fall in love. His music just makes me want to laugh, cry and dance all at the same time.
- Favourite Book? My favourite book is ‘Two Years, Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights’ by Salman Rushdie, shortly followed by ‘All the Bright Places’ by Jennifer Niven.
- Where’s or what is your dream holiday/vacation? My dream holiday would be to explore all of Europe (backpacking), return to the UK for more domestic tourism and then explore Pacific Islands.
- Favourite Memory? I think my favourite memory would have to be when I was in Hyden, Australia on a dusty nature reserve and my somehow-Irish local “tour guide” jumped out of the mini-van, turned up ‘Hafanana’ by Casa Musica and grabbed me for a quick jive…and there I was Jiving with an 80 year old who put my moves to shame, in one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been.
- Favourite make-up brand? I absolutely hate spending loads on make-up so I’ve had my experience with cheap affordable “dupes” and my absolute favourite brand is REVLON. My combination skin just works so perfectly with their face products and everyone I know says the same thing.
- How did you get into blogging? I started a Youtube channel a few years back but I couldn’t deal with listening to my own voice and all the rest of that silly stuff and it just wasn’t creative enough for me. I hope to start up a channel again sometime in the future. the idea isn’t completely out of my mind.
- Summarise your blog: The Weekend Juice is a welcoming blog for the food-lovers, the beauty-bears, and the open-minded. I generally like to post about food, the mind body and soul and fashion. It’s also my online documentation of everything that matters to me.
- Tumblr/Instagram links.
Here are my eleven questions:
1. What social networking site do you use the most?
2. If you could meet anybody in history who would it be?
3. Favourite thing about blogging?
4. If you could relive a moment in your life, what would it be?
5. What’s your favourite book?
6. Give a motto that best explains how you live life:
7. What is your favourite fragrance?
8. What is your favourite season and why?
9. Style Icons?
10. Give one thing you would change about the world?
11. Social Media Links!!
My eleven nominees are: