The weekend is coming to an end(that sounds so weird) and most of us are back to work or school tomorrow, which is why this post will be me sharing what I do to encourage a great start to the week! Personally, right now I am dreading the thought of monday but I know that every week should be started with a fresh and optimistic mindset as every day is an opportunity to do better or more than the day before.
Here’s what I like to plan on a sunday and throughout the week in order to keep a fresh mind and stay alert:
- Set Goals – Sunday evening or Monday morning; take some time out to think of what to want to achieve this week, check out My Goals For 2017! for tips on creating your goals.
- Get awesome AWESOME sleep – Not getting enough sleep the night before will most likely be the bummer of your day. You’ll have no energy to make the most of your free time and personally if i don’t sleep enough, I get really bad migraines. The recommended amount of sleep is 7-8 hours but I think it depends on the person. Regardless, falling asleep before 11:30 will ensure that you wake up feeling..Well awake!
- Make time for the ones you love -We often get so wrapped up in our own busy schedules that we forget to appreciate those we truly care about the most. So this week, why not plan a lunch date with an auntie? Or go for a walk with your friends?
- Pay it forward – This week while you’re trying to make a change to your own life, make a difference to someone else’s. Buy food for a homeless person, make a stranger smile or to take things to the next level: volunteer at your local hostel, kitchen or food bank!
- Stay hydrated – Staying hydrated is fundamental to good health and well-being. I did not realise this until recently as I suffered with migraines and the like. Aim to drink at least 2 litres a day. If you’re finding it difficult as you don’t really like the taste of water, i recommend buying the infusion water bottles. Personally i prefer the plastic ones as opposed to the glass as I am incredibly clumsy and have terrible ‘butter fingers’.
- Exercise – At least 30 minutes of exercise, twice a week helps us to process things mentally and emotionally, which will also help you to stay focused and alert throughout the day. Not to mention maintaining a healthy weight and cardiovascular strength will combat diseases and health conditions
My Goals For This Week:
- Improve my strength stretches and hold them for 1 minute longer by the end of the week.
- Maintain hydration, I’ve started to get bad migraines again and water sometimes help to prevent them.
- Eat Healthy all week long.
- Meet Up With my boyfriend and my great great aunt..I haven’t seen my OH in three weeks. THREE DAMN WEEKS it feels so long.
- Have Fun but Calm Down, sometimes I just forget to relax and just chill. I have so much energy 24/7 I just need to sloooowww doooownnn..But still have fun!
SO that’s all for today folks on goalss!
It’s pretty simple, right?
With that said, I’m about to try and do a handstand..I don’t know why. I just want to see if I am capable of that. Also I just heard a fart from the room next door : ) just letting you know.
I hope you all have the most productive, fun-filled week!