During the winter it’s hard to maintain your gorgeous glow while having to combat the cold harsh weather. Personally I try to use less products during this time of year, simply because I have super sensitive skin. However, I do try to dedicate two days of my week to my face and I whip up a lovely homemade mask instead of a store bought one.
I find that this facemask is like a hug for my face, it’s one of my top go to’s when it comes to making something quick and effective with ingredients that I will definitely have. So without further ado:
WARNING: THIS COULD GET MESSY SO MAKE SURE YOU’RE DRESSED APPROPRIATELY
You will need:
- 1tbs Honey
- 1tbs Oats
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- A small bowl for mixing
- A clean brush with super soft bristles to apply your mask (optional).
- Gather all of your ingredients and your bowl.
- Add all of the cinnamon and all of your oats into the bowl and mix until fully combined(it should look like cinnamon porridge oats).
- Add the honey to your ‘cinnamon porridge’ and mix with the opposite end of your spoon(wastes less mixture as the spoon end will pick up too much honey).
- Your mask is now ready to apply. I like to use my fingers when applying this mask as it works as an exfoliator and a moisturiser so using my fingers allows me to delicately ‘scrub’ my skin. Leave the mask on for 15 mins then rinse with cold water, dry and moisturise!
This mixture can be saved for up to three days when put in an airtight container and refrigerated. 1 use = 1tbs/1tsp, 2 uses = 2tbs/2tsp etc..
Now it’s time to light some candles, put on your favourite playlist, go on youtube, start a new series..you get the point.